If an automobile repair gig appeals to you, accredited auto mechanic schools in Iowa City IA could be right for you!
You can find programs available to you that can be completed within a year, and will help get you ready for a new job and to sit for industry licensure examinations.
Choose the tabs down below to read about entrance standards for automotive technician courses in Iowa City IA, how to become a certified auto mechanic, along with the jobs and salary projections for the area.
You can also look around this website and take advantage of our other cost-free information resources!
What’s Needed to be Admitted to Auto mechanic School?
Often times there are standards that have to be met before you can be an auto mechanic.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Have proof that you’ve completed at least one year of algebra
Suggested Approved Auto mechanic Schools in Iowa
The following auto mechanic schools in your area are now admitting brand new students. In order to choose the best school, you’re encouraged to get details from multiple schools prior to deciding on one.
Does Your Job Have an Auto mechanic Certification Requirement That You Need to be Aware Of?
Any automotive technician who does work in auto and truck repair is pushed to earn professional certification. There is certainly cause for this to be true. Check out several of the main reasons.
- Holding up-to-date professional certification can be required by employers
- Being certain that automotive technicians remain licensed promotes the safety of clients and employers
- Automotive technology becomes more complex from time to time and certification training guarantees that auto techs are kept abreast of any changes
Kinds of Car and Truck Mechanic Certifications
You can get dozens of different professional certifications when employed as an automotive repair specialist. Doing business inside a particular specialization may suggest one to maintain the appropriate one.
- Master Auto mechanic
- ASE Electronic and Electrical Systems
- ASE Automobile Parts Specialist
- ASE Heating and Air Conditioning
- Light Vehicle Diesel Engine Technician
- ASE Automotic Transmission and Transaxle
- Service Consultant
- Paiting and Refinishing Specialist
- Exhaust Systems Technician
Learn even more on auto mechanic certification by visiting
Auto Tech Job Growth Projections for Iowa
Automotive mechanics in Iowa are in luck as the latest forecasts from O*Net Online suggest significant growth. The increase in new jobs for auto mechanics are forecasted to rise across the country until the year 2022 and in Iowa. Regardless of whether your goal is to be employed in the automotive field, there has never been a more suitable time to be a automotive technician in Iowa City IA.
Things You Should be Ready For About Automotive Technician Trade School
If it is the right time to decide on which auto tech schools you’re going to register for, there are several issues that you could consider looking over. It can seem as if there are lots of auto mechanic trade schools in Iowa City IA, but you still need to select the program that can best guide you toward your professional objectives. Before signing anything with the automotive mechanic school you have chosen, it’s heavily suggested that you check the accreditation history of the training with the Iowa licensing board. Several other factors that you want to consider aside from accreditation may include:
- Choose courses with a course structure that will fulfill what you want to learn
- Make sure the college teaches on machinery that fits existing field standards
- Find out if the facility gives financial aid
- Make sure that the school’s curriculum includes a complete training experience
Choose Your School and Be on the Road to Success!
With the tips and information you have learned here, you now are prepared to and start a new job as an automobile mechanic through registering for auto technician school!