The best auto mechanic schools in New Orleans LA are accessible to anybody looking into having a career in a collision and body repair garage, and courses are taking new trainees all the time!
Programs are anywhere from 6 months in length, and they are accessible to prepare you for an entry-level position and ultimately taking one of the professional licensure examinations.
Select the tabs listed below to read about entrance prerequisites for auto technician training courses in New Orleans LA, how to become a certified auto mechanic, and also the salary and work projections in your region.
In addition, we invite you to look at our comprehensive guides to careers in automotive repair!
Requirements for Approved Auto Repair Schools
There are a few prerequisites to be eligible for auto technician specialist training courses.
- Own a GED or high school diploma
- Provide transcripts showing that you have finished no less than one year of computers
- You are at least 18 years of age
Leading Auto mechanic Schools in Louisiana
The following auto mechanic schools in your area are currently admitting brand new students. In order to choose the right course, you’re encouraged to request information from a couple of schools prior to deciding on one.
Is it Mandatory That I Get a Certification?
Currently, all auto repair certifications in the United States are optional for automotive technicians, but are highly recommended. There’s definitely strong cause for this to be true. The following list contains examples of the most-essential ones.
- Advancements in auto technologies get changed often and professional certification ensures that automotive service technicians are knowledgable of these improvements
- Owning a current industry certification can be asked for to be employed and succeed
- Being certain that auto repair specialists remain certified guards the safety of customers and employers
Popular Auto Mechanic Certifications
you can pick from dozens of kinds of industry certificates when employed as an car tech. Doing work in a specific brand or type of car should encourage one to have the proper one.
- Master Automobile Mechanic
- Electrical and Mechanical Specialist
- Toyota Factory Trained Technician
- ASE Heating and Air Conditioning
- Light Vehicle diesel Engine Mechanic
- BMW Factory Trained Specialist
- Chrysler Factory Trained Mechanic
- Painting and Refinishing Technician
- Alternative Fuels Technician
Read more on auto mechanic licensure by visiting
Auto mechanic Job Outlook in Louisiana
O*Net Online forecasts that the demand for automotive repair specialists in Louisiana will reach all-time levels over the next several years. Indeed, the profession’s forecasted rate of growth is one of the greatest of any niche in the workforce. Don’t miss this great opportunity to kick off a career!
Auto mechanic Schools – The Things to Look For
The following suggestions should help you select which accredited auto mechanic school is the best fit for you. The initial step in beginning a position as an automotive mechanic is to figure out which of the outstanding automobile technician trade schools will help you. We simply can’t emphasize enough the importance of the school or program you finally choose being accredited and recognized by the area certification group. While not as crucial as the accreditation status, you might like to take a look at some of the following areas also:
- Find schools with a course structure that will satisfy the goals of your career
- Make certain the school teaches on gear that meets up-to-date trade guidelines
- Determine if the institution offers financial support
- Make certain that the school’s curriculum includes hands-on training
Now You Have the Resources for Success!
Once you have completed the auto mechanic school, you can take advantage of the advantages of a new career with a ton of room for advancement!